Thread: help with polish start to end as mirror polish.

Default help with polish start to end as mirror polish.

hi. to achieve mirror polish... i need follow step by step in the grit? like 200-400-600 can jump to 1000? im about to buy better polish sanding / finish stuff.. and if some one have a set to indicate me... i will be happy... ps. i have buffers, and right now im using a polish cumpound dialux.. but im about to trade to MERARD Luxor polish cumpound...

i need some bristle disk... and some to polish small gaps and holes... please help me / guide me .
    thank u all.

From scuffed to polish about 15minutes. Start with 400 grit Emery paper work progressively up through the grades to 1500grit. Always cross cutting the previous layer. Go to you 3500 rpm polisher bench motor put on a bristle brush mop with a smooth cutting compound, polish, put a 4 to 6 inch loose calico mop on you machine using green rouge repeat process making sure to gently work over the jewellery in different directions. At this point it should have a really good polish. However if you want a “hero" level finish, put a lamps skin wool buff on your machine and gently polish again with jewellers red rouge, this will get a brilliant finish.

The OP is two years old.
    Best polishing - buy a copy of polishing and finishing by stephen goldsmith, master polisher and then book one of his two day master classes. You really will amaze yourself.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    The OP is two years old.
    Best polishing - buy a copy of polishing and finishing by stephen goldsmith, master polisher and then book one of his two day master classes. You really will amaze yourself.
    I think the original poster lives in New York if I remember!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I think the original poster lives in New York if I remember!
    Nothing to stop him organising a trip for Stephen
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Nothing to stop him organising a trip for Stephen
    I think he was a penniless lockdown newbie and we haven’t heard from him in a long time. There were a lot of posts!