My obsession with small things continues, again as a way to use up scrap in the absence of a rolling mill. Twenty years ago I did a term of classes with a jeweller and she taught me how to set little cabs into nuggets of metal using just a ball burr to ream out the setting. Flush setting faceted stones seems to have taken over from that so I've been thinking for a while that I should re-try the little cabs into nuggets thing. I didn't really have a punch that did the job in the way I wanted it to and my determination to do these yesterday didn't extend to cobbling something together but it still worked.
Three little nuggets of silver, jump rings attached so they can be worn as pendants, reamed out with a ball burr and set with 4mm cabs - once I posted this photo elsewhere a friend pointed out that I'd made traffic lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200625_200023309.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12549

Then poking through my scrap pot I found a little textured piece that I'd cut off of another pendant where the proportion was wrong and realised that if I smoothed off the inner edge and the ends it was a nice little rustic crescent moon so I could add jump rings and moonstone. Job done and that one got snapped up in less than 30 mins.

Name:	IMG_20200625_212503746 (1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	12551

To finish off, this afternoon the muse demanded that I try phase one of the reason I wanted to start playing with tiny CZs, bash out a ring band from squre wire and set a few 1.5mm stones. The aim is to made a bezel set ring and add tiny CZs either side of the main stone in the band. There's a tiny bit of me thinks that the 1.5s might be touch too big for the look I'm aiming for, and next on the list is summoning up the courage to try bead setting them with a graver (I'm a bit clumsy so that experiment is definitely for a non coffee fuelled day) but over all I'm happy enough with the way these three black CZs look. I might need a slightly thinner burnisher but this worked pretty well I think (you're looking at the middle band on my ring finger).

Name:	IMG_20200626_174604176.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	12550

Onwards and upwards!