Thread: D shaped ring

Default D shaped ring

making a d shaped ring for a piece of glass, it's tricky making it to a specific size. Where to put the straight line of the top? I was thinking that it should fit into a square. So according to my photo my sides are either a little too wide or my top is too low? Any tips would be gratefully recieved
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200624_123804_compress55.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	12543

The first thing to do is to work out the sizing, Sheena.

Use your own ring finger or, for a client find one of your fingers or a knuckle that fits their size. Place the finger upside down on the bench and press on an upside down U-shaped wire . You will have to shorten the sides bit by bit until you get there.
    Once you have a U that fits snugly on the bench, you can solder on a flat top. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 24-06-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The first thing to do is to work out the sizing, Sheena.

Use your own ring finger or, for a client find one of your fingers or a knuckle that fits their size. Place the finger upside down on the bench and press on an upside down U-shaped wire . You will have to shorten the sides bit by bit until you get there.
    Once you have a U that fits snugly on the bench, you can solder on a flat top. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis, will give it a shot