Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand held rotary tool

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Quiet would be brilliant. I reckoned between the noise and worse the vibration of the dremel it was harmful in the long term.My really expensive foredom micromotor which was a gift doesn’t meet my needs. Not visiting supermarkets much so will speak to OH
    Can you expand on why the Foredom micromotor does not meet your needs? I am still looking for a micromotor and interested in the Foredom.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    Can you expand on why the Foredom micromotor does not meet your needs? I am still looking for a micromotor and interested in the Foredom.
    Hi Les.
    Actually I was wrong in saying that as it’s a wonderful machine, quiet, light to use, easy to handle and I should remember to use it more. I use my bench polisher for all my polishing needs and I have a proxxon drill so always forget to use it for all the other jobs it would be really useful for as I’d learnt to make do
    My husband bought it for my Xmas a few years ago without discussing what I needed which was the hammer action hand piece more than anything. To buy that separately now would cost about the same again and I can’t justify the cost so for that reason only it doesn’t suit what I wanted to do.
    I think Peter has mentioned cheaper brand micromotors in posts since and it would be tempting to buy one just for that but as I don’t do a lot of setting I’ll just persevere.

If you can afford the foredom that’s what I’d get. Unfortunately the company that gave a good deal on them has since closed after he died and I don’t know of anyone else doin offers.

Aldi didn’t have any in the end so I saved on a probably unnecessary tool for the workshop but I did get my chocolate!
    Last edited by CJ57; 18-06-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Les.
    Actually I was wrong in saying that as it’s a wonderful machine, quiet, light to use, easy to handle and I should remember to use it more. I use my bench polisher for all my polishing needs and I have a proxxon drill so always forget to use it for all the other jobs it would be really useful for as I’d learnt to make do
    My husband bought it for my Xmas a few years ago without discussing what I needed which was the hammer action hand piece more than anything. To buy that separately now would cost about the same again and I can’t justify the cost so for that reason only it doesn’t suit what I wanted to do.
    I think Peter has mentioned cheaper brand micromotors in posts since and it would be tempting to buy one just for that but as I don’t do a lot of setting I’ll just persevere.

If you can afford the foredom that’s what I’d get. Unfortunately the company that gave a good deal on them has since closed after he died and I don’t know of anyone else doin offers.

Aldi didn’t have any in the end so I saved on a probably unnecessary tool for the workshop but I did get my chocolate!
    Thanks Caroline,
    Chocolate makes everywhere a better place. I know in the past you have mentioned that you wanted the hammer piece with the Foredom. I have this week found a second hand micromotor with hammer piece so maybe I will take a punt on it.
    I cant take it any longer with the modified engraver.....
    Take care.
    Poor old Les

The old proverb if at first you don't succeed, eat some chocolate and try again!

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    The old proverb if at first you don't succeed, eat some chocolate and try again!
    And dark chocolate is of course good for you, although the 90% is a bit challenging except with perhaps some strawberries or raspberries both of which he bought as well

Quote Originally Posted by DegorJohn7 View Post
    Buddy Rotary tools are pretty good. These useful tools enable us to work with different bits and that too without much technical knowledge. Other than the tool kit's versatility, it should be easy to control its speed and other functionalities.
    And i think Dremel is best for rotary tools. There tools like:-

1. Dremel 8050-N/18 Micro
    2. Dremel 3000-2/28 Variable Speed
    3. Dremel 4300-5/40

They work superb. I read an article(reference) in which they also discuss things to consider while purchasing it which i felt is important to know before any work. Things like :-
    Ease of portability
    Easy of usage
    Price of tool kit
    Attachments
    are important to know
    You won’t find Dremel being promoted on here if you can afford anything better Noisy, terrible vibrations, mine is still in its box at the back of the cupboard in the tool cemetery