Thread: It’s No Good Crying Over Spilt Jump Rings.

Default It’s No Good Crying Over Spilt Jump Rings.

I don’t make many jump rings, and those left over go into my special box. They mount up and get disorganised from searching for the perfect pair next time. Often I give up and make even more.
    Today I swept the whole lot to the floor. Now they really do need sorting out. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jumbled Jump Rings.jpg  

Well done Dennis at least mine usually fall into the benchskin amongst all the stuff I haven’t cleaned out in ages!
    I decided to sort out the various trays of bits, wire, component parts I haven’t used but of course they’ll have a use in 9 yrs time, bits of texture and the rest. Having now got them in 3 groups instead of 6 taking up so much room on the bench I think I’ll chuck it onto one container!
    Now I have a feeling there are a couple of screw tops of jump rings, hard ones I usually make that don’t need soldering and then I forget where they are and like you start again

Buying them is easier!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I feel your pain! We had to have a new boiler installed earlier this month, and that involved moving both my workbenches (I have to do 'hot' things in a different place for insurance reasons), desk, storage etc etc etc. Then the my printer had to be replaced this week by a much larger beast and I'm still waiting for my new floormat to arrive so that I can start putting it all back together again.

As a result, I have almost everything in boxes and on trays. Most of it has fallen out of the nice little pots and holders and is in a random mess at the bottom of a larger box. At least I know it's all silver, so if it ends up driving me completely insane, I can just dump the lot into the scrap pot (except that my scrap pot disintegrated and has been replaced by an oxi stain remover tub).

None of which really matters as I'm so busy sewing, that I barely have a moment to pick up my pliers - which at least has done my RSI some good!

Poor George. I hate anything to do with building work. Dennis.

Letting jump rings mount up is bad practice, you look at them then decide to spend a few hours making a chain.

I hate making jump rings with a passion, and avoid them whenever possible. When I did the maths and figured out that buying them was more cost effective than making fiddly diddly little ones it made my heart leap a little bit. Obviously since then I have discovered that I like the look of lightly flattened fine silver 1mm wire as a bezel for shallow little stones. And then I got the urge to make bracelets recently, which meant I could get away with bigger jump rings which it was cheaper for me to make than buy. So yeah, it's a bit of a love/hate relationship I guess!