Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Find This Ring Anywhere

Default Can't Find This Ring Anywhere

Hi all,

A few months ago my gran lost her favourite ring. She got it in Greece many years ago, I believe from a random little market. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find the ring online, however, every one I have found is similar, but not the same and she really wants the exact ring. I'm hoping there is someone out there who could point me in the right direction, to actually find this ring. I've pictures below to help describe what it looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_202715.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	12474
    This was the first one I found online. The Greek pattern around the ring is the same, as well as the colour of the stone. However, my gran said it is too thick and the stone was more oval.

Name:	20200519_202701.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	12475
    This was the next closest example I could find. Much thinner, with the blue opal and the Greek pattern. But apparently the stone was larger.

Name:	20200519_202615.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	12476

Name:	20200519_202636.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	12477

The first one looks more like the stone on the ring according to my gran. But those were the best examples. I'm pretty sure the metal surrounding the stone was thicker like in the image above, but the stone was larger like the one below.

So really, a combination of the large stone, thin ring with the Greek pattern and the nice blue opal. That's what her ring looked like. She's a very picky woman. I hope this makes some sort of sense haha. Thank you all in advance!

I just did a quick CAD rendering is it something like this ?

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	12478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	12479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	12480
    I know the stones not the right colour but usually you would sorce the stone you want then build the ring round that.

Meet our forensic artist. Dennis.

Wow! That looks a lot closer to what she had described. Obviously just a different colour, but that is much better. How would I be able to get a hold of that? Would I need to find someone to make it?

Just checked your insta. Very impressive jewellery. Take it you would be able to make the ring?

Thankyou. I'm not really open at the moment just doing odd days. But I could make it yes, if you sourced the stone and can wait till things get a bit more normal.

You could send a photo and measurements to my friend Sue, the Australian opal miner to see if she has anything in stock. Straight from the mine!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

That would be pretty great if you could. I'll see what I can do about the stone

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    You could send a photo and measurements to my friend Sue, the Australian opal miner to see if she has anything in stock. Straight from the mine!
    Oh wow that would be very cool. But unfortunately I wouldn't know the sizes just yet. I'll have a look though, thank you!

It could also have been Azurite, which is a much less expensive stone. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Azurite1.JPG