Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Find This Ring Anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Oh wow that would be very cool. But unfortunately I wouldn't know the sizes just yet. I'll have a look though, thank you!
    You can watch her as she finds the opals via instagram brokenrivermining
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It could also have been Azurite, which is a much less expensive stone. Dennis.
    It might've been. However, she always said it was Pacific blue opal. At least the colour was Pacific blue. As long as that is the same the stone won't matter much.

Do you have a photo of the ring or your grandmother wearing it or is this a description of what your Grandmother remembers it looked like?
    Our memories and the reality don’t always match so it may always have to be a compromise if you don’t know who the original designer was. Was it gold or silver, making it from scratch here would also determine the cost with high metal prices by comparison I would think

[QUOTE=Dennis;107904]It could also have been Azurite, which is a much less expensive stone.

Would you be able to make the ring, Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by J Allison View Post
    That 1st picture looked like synthetic opal https://geology.com/gemstones/opal/synthetic-opal.shtml
    See I don't think she really cares much about what the stone actually is, it's just the colour that she adores. I'll have a look at those links just now. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Do you have a photo of the ring or your grandmother wearing it or is this a description of what your Grandmother remembers it looked like?
    Our memories and the reality don’t always match so it may always have to be a compromise if you don’t know who the original designer was. Was it gold or silver, making it from scratch here would also determine the cost with high metal prices by comparison I would think
    She doesn't have any pictures of the ring or with her wearing it unfortunately. All I can give you is the description. So far this image is most like the original, at least from what my gran has told me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200522_012248.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	12488

I can try and give you a more detailed description using those other images if that would help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    It definitely wasn't an expensive ring. I know for sure. It was just very special to her.

Quote Originally Posted by J Allison View Post
    That 1st picture looked like synthetic opal https://geology.com/gemstones/opal/synthetic-opal.shtml
    Any chance we could switch to email if you would be able to make the ring?

It won’t be as cheap as a ring bought in Greece so the price will be worth considering