Thread: Are 3M radial discs the answer to a cleaner bench?

Default Are 3M radial discs the answer to a cleaner bench?

Hi all. Im looking for an alternative to rouge for polishing. I seem to get myself and everything else on the bench covered in a fine layer of red.
    Im looking for a cleaner way of working
    My question is, if I work down through the different grits, will the fine (last) radial disc give me a good finish or will it still need a polish, and if so, what are the favourite mops/brushes/compounds to use with a pendant?

You will still need to polish, I suggest you do search (top right ) of screen this topic has been done many times over and you will find a large amount of information.

For polishing motors, you should invest in a dust hood. Even without extraction, that will collect most of the spray. The simplest extraction is to connect a vacuum cleaner, via a common extension lead, so that they switch on and off together. There are also cheap extractors from tool companies.
    For a hand held motor, you can adapt a large plastic bottle cut down to attach a hood to the motor, or the bench peg. Dennis.

Thanks china

Excellent. Thank you Denis

I have made an extractor system using an old vacuum cleaner attached to a cyclone and a sealed bucket, it is not perfect but it has greatly reduced the mess around my polishing area.
    Poor old Les

thanks China

great idea