Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price question by clients

Default Price question by clients

Hi Everyone.
    I hope you are all well.
    i have a question.
    as a starting of business, I often uncomfortable to talking about prices to clients.
    I do materials X2 + labour+ etc.

Then i get questions from clients, how much is to stone? or how much did you spend for the chain....
    I feel a but uncomfortable to breaking down costing for them... as i do materials X2. As i know someone does X3.
    How would you answer these questions?
    What can be the best way to answer this questions without being rude or hiding something?

it would be great if you share your experience.

Also if you buy very pricy stones like £2000, do you still do X2 for the stones? or you would ask the client to bring her own stones?

All take care.
    thanks
    Gina

The price you are charging is for the entire piece. What you paid for the chain is between you & your supplier and if you buy 1000 of them, you'll be looking at a very different price to 1 or 2.
    There's no point breaking down the price for clients - either they're happy with the price or they're not.

Don't allow such questions. The first time you take money for anything you are a professional, so stop being defensive and apologetic. You charge what you want. they are free to go elsewhere.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Would they go into H Samuel and ask where they got their chain? Of course not.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Gina777777 View Post
    Also if you buy very pricey stones like £2000, do you still do X2 for the stones? or you would ask the client to bring her own stones? All take care. thanks
    Gina
    This is an interesting part of Gina's question, folks. Any Ideas?

People who ask for a break down of prices, are looking for a cheap source. It's inappropriate in this context, but common when dealing with builders. Dennis.

I understand the frustration, it is a really good question, although as Dennis said it is inappropriate, just how to tell them to get lost without offending them or loosing custom is a interesting question
    I don't have the answer, I will have to put some thought into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    The price you are charging is for the entire piece. What you paid for the chain is between you & your supplier and if you buy 1000 of them, you'll be looking at a very different price to 1 or 2.
    There's no point breaking down the price for clients - either they're happy with the price or they're not.
    yes.. I tried to avoid it and gave the retail price of materials. coz I got trade price. but still, they can have look the price of chain in Cooksons. SO I try to be honest and telling them labour cost more...um...

ha. yes, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This is an interesting part of Gina's question, folks. Any Ideas?

People who ask for a break down of prices, are looking for a cheap source. It's inappropriate in this context, but common when dealing with builders. Dennis.
    Yes. exactly. thought about it this way too.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I understand the frustration, it is a really good question, although as Dennis said it is inappropriate, just how to tell them to get lost without offending them or loosing custom is a interesting question
    I don't have the answer, I will have to put some thought into this one.
    exactly. also she said she just want to know coz she is curious of all and she wanted to pay more if I am loosing money.
    I gave her retail prices of materials very vaguely. but still feel bad to talk about this although It was after huge discount.
    It is still sensitive question that I have to know how to deal with it in a smart way.