Thread: Where can I buy a chain like this?

Default Where can I buy a chain like this?

Hi everyone,

My sister has put an order in for a necklace like you see in the photo. I emailed Cooksons to see if they sold a chain like this which is sort of paper clip shaped, but they just replied to say they don't. Are there any other good chain wholesalers you would recommend?

While I'm on, can I also ask about the pearl? I've never set a pearl or any sort of bead before, so do I just order a half drilled pearl and then glue it onto some sort of finding? It a general jewellery epoxy glue OK?

Thank you as always
    Emmy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	12467

International Craft do chain like this in a few different sizes but only in sterling silver.

Curteis are good wholesalers of chain and they are British made too.
    Jules

For the chain also look at Bellore/Rashbel.

For the pearl, buy one that is half drilled. Our member Pearlescence will have some for you: https://www.pearlescence.co.uk/

Then make a cup or tulip shape with a spike in the centre, or buy the finding needed, and glue the pearl in place with a little gel superglue on the end of a needle or fine saw blade. Loctite PowerFlex is widely available. If you already have epoxy, that's OK too.

If the hole is too small for the spike, you can enlarge it with a drill, or a bead reamer. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 11-05-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Curtis and Bellore Rashbel don't do chain like that and I'd wager that if they did it wouldn't be made in the UK. International Craft are based in the UK and they have a great range of chains that they buy in and sell for very good prices. I'll agree that Pearlescence would be the best person to ask about working with and attaching a pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Curtis and Bellore Rashbel don't do chain like that and I'd wager that if they did it wouldn't be made in the UK.
    Morning Deb,
    You may not realise, but the Curteis chain factory is in Shropshire and they have their own in-house hallmarking office too, so yes they are made in the UK. I've found them very helpful, even in lockdown and they emailed yesterday to say the factory is back in production.
    Jules

Curteis are excellent and I rarely buy from anywhere else now as the quality and range is excellent.