Thread: Hello Again!

Red face Hello Again!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around in a long time as life just became too busy but looking forward to diving back in again!! Shortly before lockdown began I had started taking a refresher jewellery-making course. I wasn't able to finish it unfortunately due to the start of lockdown but I continued forward with the pendant I had started. I almost feel like I'm learning from scratch again and sorting out my jewellery materials has taken some time, but with all the time at home I think I've finally got it sorted! This is the project I'd started in the course, a seaglass pendant. I was looking forward to learning better skills at creating bezels for uneven stones, but alas we never got that far! I was so unhappy with my first stone setting that I took apart the pendant and re-bezelled (is that a word?). It's still not perfect but nearer. (I purchased the chain ready-made, it's many strands of very thin textured silver.)

Sandra
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seaglass pendant May 2020.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	12444

Hello Sandra and welcome back. That is a very special necklace. My only caveat from past experience is that the strands of cable are easily kinked which totally ruins the effect. So it needs to be carefully handed and put safely away in a box when not in use. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis! Yes I’ve noticed the necklace is very delicate but I love the effect, I don’t think it’s something I could create myself.

I really like that Sandra. I’ve found the multi chains work ok as long as the pendant isn’t too heavy for the necklet or someone doesn’t yank on it

Thanks Caroline! I was just looking at your links and wanted to say I love your ‘swimming against the tide’ pendant. Is that done with enamels?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Thanks Caroline! I was just looking at your links and wanted to say I love your ‘swimming against the tide’ pendant. Is that done with enamels?
    Thanks Sandra. That’s one I did last year, the actual swimming against the tide is well stuck in the reeds at the moment as a concept!
    It was done with epoxy resin but I’m looking for a less stressful version should I do any again

Those bezels look really neat to me. I've tried bezels over raw uneven stones about three times now and while they have out ok, they're not as neat as I'd like. I find it really difficult to close the ends in neatly over the stone - perhaps I might need to buy the special tool they recommend instead of just using a prong of some thin pliers.

Amanda