Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Little Torch set up

I'm going to try and contact the manufacturer and hope that they can tell me the specs. I'm just rather disappointed in Cookson to be honest. I decided to pay for the branded torch from a well respected company and I now am wishing I had just purchased the knock off version for a third of the price from a company that has all of the relevant attachments (and whose customer service helped me troubleshoot far more than Cookson has even though I didn't buy the torch from them). Their forums are great though :-), you have all been very helpful already, I feel far less stressed about it all just having some people to talk it through with.

Just wanted to update the thread as a courtesy to those that were kind enough to try and help. I eventually found an adapter piece that took the fitting from 3/8" down to 1/4" - it was from a company supplying kitchen equipment and was designed for gas lines although not for jewelry torches. Everything now fits together perfectly and the torch works amazing... can't believe I've been using a 10€ butane torch from EBay for all of these years

Still a bit nervous when I'm using it though but I guess that will sort itself out with experience.

Thanks again!

Great to see you have it sorted, you will find the little torch very different to your butane torch a lot better control and more versatile