Thread: Sending items through the post

Default Sending items through the post

Hi Everyone
    Im in the early stages of trying to sell my creations and was wondering what method you all use to send items? Royal Mail/Hermes etc/signed for/insured?
    Ive not had orders for Europe or USA but thinking it would be a good idea to cast the net wide, however, I notice a few jewellers dont offer any overseas service.
    Are there reasons for this?
    Thanks
    Sofaboy

Royalmail special delivery will insure you upto £2500 I think The other Royal mail services don't insure jewellery as far as I'm aware. On the odd occasion I send abroad I use UPS as I like the trucks but worth comparing which is cheaper.

Thanks Josef

Speaking as a overseas member I find Royal Mail and slow frustrating. I could walk swim there and back faster I use TNT they are more expensive but in my experience fast and have excellent after sales service.

I think there’s been much long discussion in the past about Royal Mail and insurance. They do indeed ask for a parcel price for special delivery but in fact they only pay for the material worth of an article should you have to make a claim and as far as I know you have to provide invoices to prove this. Having said that I use special delivery as it’s signed for so at least there is proof of delivery