Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know the composition of gold alloys currently being sold in the UK/EU?

Depending on what it is you want to make, make your own gold alloy from pure gold and perhaps pure silver or pure copper, you will find recipes online then you know the composition is free from nickel.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    Depending on what it is you want to make, make your own gold alloy from pure gold and perhaps pure silver or pure copper, you will find recipes online then you know the composition is free from nickel.
    If I were planning on doing a lot of it, that would be a good way forward, but honestly I’m mostly looking for some small quantities of wire in various gauges, maybe some findings, and matching solder. Making my own wire isn’t something I currently have the tooling for.

I guess the best plan is to buy some small samples and test them. I was hoping there were some “standard” recipes in use for alloys that were known...guess not.

There are many standard formulas however unless you are buying it bullion form, you will find that each manufacturer will tweak the formula to make it there own.