Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooksons ordering paused

Exclamation Cooksons ordering paused

This just in from Rob -

"We have paused taking new orders as we have reached our threshold. Please re-visit Cooksongold.com or our Facebook page later for more information. We appreciate your understanding and continued support."

What are people doing:stock piling materials, or investing in bullion? Hard luck if you've just broken your favourite pliers. Dennis.

Probably on skeleton staff

Surprised they can't come up with a way of prioritising trade/long standing/regular customers. This is going to leave a lot of us who depend on them for an income with a potentially quite serious problem. I know I can't be alone in being about to run out of various essentials.

Well, we can't get anything hallmarked either.
    Many of the casters seem to have shut up too.

On the upside, it looks like remarkably few people are daft enough to have a laser welder at home so at least I can fill in on that.

I suppose with their huge orders it must be difficult to distance and they are touching packaging all the time.
    I bought all my silver for the OS but don’t really have the incentive to make now that it has been postponed until later in the year rather than cancelled

OS is a exhibition /show of some sort I am guessing.
    Last edited by china; 31-03-2020 at 05:34 AM.

China/Hong Kong is getting back to work and much of the precious metal it supplies conforms to EU regs already, as standard. Lots of the Cookson stuff comes from there. Or India, but India is closed for now. Have you checked other UK suppliers also - eg Betts?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Latest update from FB:

"Cookson Gold We will be working hard to fulfil any existing orders by Wednesday 1st April, and we are now unable to accept any new orders or returns until at least the 27th April. We will keep reviewing the situation and will advise of any changes and updates as soon as can."

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    OS is a exhibition /show of some sort I am guessing.
    Sorry Bob yes Open Studios a super spreaders event where you allow anything up to 350 through your home/garden/studio over the 3 day May Bank holiday period. It took the organisers a long time to decide after polling us that we should postpone not cancel like everyone else. At the point of possible show in the autumn we’ll then be expected to pay next years non refundable registration while spending the few hundred we kept back on finishing our shows for May. They are living in a fantasy that people will want to come out or better still want to buy luxury items when they haven’t been working for months but there’s the mind of mostly painters:/