Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooksons ordering paused

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    China/Hong Kong is getting back to work and much of the precious metal it supplies conforms to EU regs already, as standard. Lots of the Cookson stuff comes from there. Or India, but India is closed for now. Have you checked other UK suppliers also - eg Betts?
    Betts are only offering refining services so people can recoup some cash

Check out jewellerymaker.com. I did a quick scope and they have sterling sheet and wire, and solder
    (and I noted that their pearl stringing silk and french wire is a lot dearer than mine! The silk is the wrong size too!)
    (and the pearls are really expensive!)
    Last edited by pearlescence; 31-03-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Surprised they can't come up with a way of prioritising trade/long standing/regular customers. This is going to leave a lot of us who depend on them for an income with a potentially quite serious problem. I know I can't be alone in being about to run out of various essentials.
    As far as a can tell George, Bellore Rashbel are still trading

Thanks for that

New post from Rob on FB:

"Good news! We are giving you early access to ordering on Cooksongold from today, to ensure you can once again get the supplies you need to keep you going. The Contact Centre is also open 10am - 4pm with a small team today.

As we are sure you're all aware, we have been working hard to change our warehouse operations and delivery plans to make home delivery safe for everyone in line with Government advice in order to re-open.

Any orders placed today will be despatched from Monday 27th April. However, as we are working to a reduced capacity, and will only be able to despatch a reduced number of orders per day, this may result in your orders taking a little longer than usual.

Please note that the stores remain closed.

Thank you for all your messages of support and understanding over the last few weeks."

WELCOME TO THE BIRMINGHAM ASSAY OFFICE

IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE FROM THE BIRMINGHAM ASSAY OFFICE

While non-essential businesses have been forced to close, Government guidance states other businesses should continue to operate if they can do so safely.
    To support the trade, and fulfil our statutory obligations, whilst operating in a safe environment for our staff, we will be re-opening some of our operations, with skeleton staff, for Hallmarking and AnchorCert Pro testing on Thursday 23rd April and Friday 24th April.

Assay looks like its opening again although I couldnt work out if its just the Thursday and Friday or they are open again. They have had a load of my stuff since it closed :-(

Covid-19 Update
    Edinburgh Assay Office Re-Opens
    Dear Customers,

On the 24th of March I wrote to all of our customers to explain that the Edinburgh Assay Office would be temporarily closed until further notice. Our primary reason for closing was the safety of our staff, our customers and our service partners. Since then, the majority of our production team have been furloughed at home but our senior management team have continued to correspond with our customers.

While our customers with brick and mortar retail only outlets remain closed, many of our customers who are able to sell online or can take commissions online continue to require a hallmarking service.
    In order to support our customers who are still trading ,we have been hard at work modifying of our hallmarking process and our building layout to meet the Government’s guidance on social distancing in the workplace.

Last week we conducted live trials of our new social distancing process with volunteer staff members. The trial has been successful. We are now more confident that we can provide a limited service while maintaining a safe environment for our staff, our customers and our service partners. The next stage is to open the office to receive goods for hallmarking.

From Tuesday the 28th of April the Edinburgh Assay Office will provide a limited service using a skeleton team made up entirely of volunteer staff. The office will be open daily for deliveries by courier and post from 8.30am until 2.00pm.

We regret we cannot receive goods from customers directly over the counter without a prior appointment. If you wish to drop off or pick up work at our customer window you must contact us in advance for a slot. You can do so by contacting enquiries@edinburghassayoffice.co.uk or by calling us on 01315561144 between 8.30am and 1.30pm.

Due to the limitations in our capacity we regret that our guaranteed turnaround services are suspended until we can return to some semblance of our full staff compliment.

I’m extremely proud of our team of volunteers who have worked so hard to help us return to an operational state and I look forward to building on our initial service as we go forward.

I’m grateful to all of our customers for their patience and their understanding during these difficult times. I know many of you have been facing the same problems we have and I hope that our return to an operational service, all be it a limited one, will help support you and your business.

Kind regards,

Scott Walter
    Assay Master and CEO

Got my Cookson order in this morning and it says it has already been despatched

Me too Sarah - I was thrilled! I'd managed to source some things, but had completely run out of a couple of (for me) essential bits of stock and was about to start panicking about what to do next.