Thread: Solder line - can I fix it?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Solder line - can I fix it?

Hi,

In need of a bit of guidance please. I am in the process of making this piece and it is a memento/keepsake piece (I will start again if needs be) it's 4 layers sweat soldered - have made these little robins before usually just 2 layers but same principal, and always struggled with getting the breast to fit perfectly but always managed to get a neat seam though a couple of times as needed a little wiggling. Managed to find a better way to get a neat fit and this one seem to fit together very neatly but I ended up with a gap right at the bottom of the breast. It was about 1/6th of a mm wide by 1 or maybe 1.5mm long, managed to scrape a bit of silver off with my saw blade and fit it in and solder and fill the gap but it then opened up a bit of the seam further up as in the picture, I guess because it was a tiny wedge it put pressure on. The little gap is less than a hairline, I need my magnifiers to see it so no chance of fitting anything in there - is there anyway to fix this please? Thank you.

Karen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0639.jpg