Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday in London.

Default Sunday in London.

Woke up this morning to find our radio controlled clock showed a different time from the others. Wasn't expecting the time to spring forward, as my mind was elsewhere.
    Walked down to Tate Britain and sat on the steps gazing at Millbank. No one around, but few stylists and a jogger in the distance.
    Went home again for another week of self isolation, but there's always the phone, what's app and zoom to keep in touch with family and friends, and some large sheets of acrylic. Dennis.

The weekend in Auchtermuchty seems to be quite different. People are still treating the weekend as the weekend and are out walking. I’ve never seen these people in my life, they are like those that only come out on Christmas Day.
    It was my birthday yesterday but I spent it washing as the weather was dry and the snow hadn’t really reached us apart from a few hailstones in the morning. It’s got really cold again so thoughts of being in the garden have left. I was going to get my OH to take me 1/2 mile to the woods in the car so I could get a short flat walk but will wait on the hordes to disappear and maybe go tomorrow. All the Foresty run woodlands within 5 miles are being padlocked if possible because just too many are going. It would be easier to distance there than walking round villages but there you go. For us it’s like the foot and mouth crisis for outdoor activity but worse. I haven’t been out for more than 3 weeks now and things are a bit fraught. I can’t seem to get my head round jewellery with no end point to work to.
    Glad you got out today Dennis

Happy birthday for yesterday

Yes indeed, happy birthday
    I went outside last night after 11pm and sat for a while on my front wall. Complete silence.
    Spent some of today ordering plants. I suspect gardens are going to be awesome this year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plum.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	12400
    Pearls and plum blossom!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Happy birthday for yesterday, Caroline.
    Tell me Wendy, is that really how you grow pearls?

Thanks you all for my birthday wishes
    I believe our garden centre is doing deliveries. I wasn’t going to bother with the veg and greenhouse this year as we had hoped to rent a luxury house on Mull. This would have been our first holiday in 9 years but Mike was 60 in Nov and me before that. Guess it’ll be tomatoes and whatever veg will grow depending on weather.
    Went into the greenhouse to remove some overwintering Dusty Millers and my rocket had survived the winter. I see a rocket salad if we have anything to go with it! I think it’s too early for our plum blossom if it survived rather a hard prune
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0B89A3A1-045A-4B6D-9516-376D76B4E923.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	12401

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Tell me Wendy, is that really how you grow pearls?
    My secret is out!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Belated Happy Birthday's Caroline from me too. I hope you had some nice surprises too?
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Belated Happy Birthday's Caroline from me too. I hope you had some nice surprises too?
    Thanks Jules.Heavens no lockdown was a good excuse. He was going to buy me a new knew concept but then I couldn’t decide on a quick release or a swivel, I thought one that did both would be good! The moment was lost in my indecision never to return