Thread: Sievert torch parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sievert torch parts

Hi Forum!

New here, great place!
    I need help with my Sievert beginners torch.. I have been buying parts for it recommended by my teacher and I'm now confused with what works and what doesn't. I have a flashback and a two bar regulator that fit together, however I have to take the piece off that it came with (the piece with the black button on its end) Is this right? Could I just use what was sent in the beginners kit? Do I need a flashback and 2 bar regulator with the third piece also? Doesn't all go together and seems clunky and not correct!

Thanks, I am getting so confused.

Eva

The part it came with was the sievert hose failure vavle 305401 I think, and I cant put them all on. Wondering which to put on..

One of my Sieverts is set up with a hose failure valve inline with the regulator (the other is not). Adds length and sometimes trips if I turn the pressure up too quickly.
    There is absolutely no point or need in using a flashback arrester with a gas/atmospheric air torch, that's not what they're for. You can't force air down the fuel pipe, after all.

Oh thank you for your help! Its just so difficult for me... Ok I can't use the 2-bar regulator and the hose failure valve, the two don't fit together, Are you saying I should just use what I was sent in the kit maybe no need for a regulator or flashback for this then? No flashback. Different regulator that fits maybe with a hose failure valve? Which one should I get or...

How do you attach a regulator to a hose failure valve? The two don't fit. Which regulator should I use? Can I just use it as is? Thank you. Immensely helpful

You should be above the threshold to post pictures now - that'd help immensely if you were to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond pic.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond pic.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12395