Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sievert torch parts

Default Sievert torch parts

Hi Forum!

New here, great place!
    I need help with my Sievert beginners torch.. I have been buying parts for it recommended by my teacher and I'm now confused with what works and what doesn't. I have a flashback and a two bar regulator that fit together, however I have to take the piece off that it came with (the piece with the black button on its end) Is this right? Could I just use what was sent in the beginners kit? Do I need a flashback and 2 bar regulator with the third piece also? Doesn't all go together and seems clunky and not correct!

Thanks, I am getting so confused.

Eva

The part it came with was the sievert hose failure vavle 305401 I think, and I cant put them all on. Wondering which to put on..

One of my Sieverts is set up with a hose failure valve inline with the regulator (the other is not). Adds length and sometimes trips if I turn the pressure up too quickly.
    There is absolutely no point or need in using a flashback arrester with a gas/atmospheric air torch, that's not what they're for. You can't force air down the fuel pipe, after all.

Oh thank you for your help! Its just so difficult for me... Ok I can't use the 2-bar regulator and the hose failure valve, the two don't fit together, Are you saying I should just use what I was sent in the kit maybe no need for a regulator or flashback for this then? No flashback. Different regulator that fits maybe with a hose failure valve? Which one should I get or...

How do you attach a regulator to a hose failure valve? The two don't fit. Which regulator should I use? Can I just use it as is? Thank you. Immensely helpful

You should be above the threshold to post pictures now - that'd help immensely if you were to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond pic.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond pic.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12395

Default just also..

Quote Originally Posted by alastairduncan View Post
    Take a look at the cooksongold video on how to setup the torch.

https://youtu.be/YJCo_Qp1js4
    Thanks! Look's like the kit came with a hose failure valve which this video doesn't use. I would just use the regulator I bought seperately

When you say you use them both inline.. It seems when using both the hose failure valve and the regulator you must've fixed them by changing the hose part.. what do you mean by inline? They don't obviously fit together... I suppose I am ok with just a regulator it seems?

Just wondered, is there any way I have to be careful when turning off the torch and the gas... I worry if the gas is on high and the torch is low, maybe the gas builds up into the canister?

Also is the canister of gas alright to store upright in a shed, even in very hot summers... which we have now it seems..

Apologies for all my questions.. just worried and I haven't used one before... Eagerly awaiting to hear!

THANK YOU and I hope you keep well..

Eva

Cooksongold do 2 Sievert kits

https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...rcode-999-AKZ2

https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...rcode-999-AKZ1

The second link is the professional kit which has the regulator. The first link has the beginners kit with the hose failure valve. The regulator and hose failure valve do not connect together it an either or situation.

The beginners kit will work as is or you can replace the hose failure valve with the regulator if you want to convert it to the configuration of the professional kit.

You do not require the flashback arrestor with either kit. If you did require it the video would have stated that.

It was Peter who said he had a hose failure valve in line, he may want to comment. I would think it is not the hose failure valve supplied with the kit as that cannot be fitted inline with the regulator.