Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sievert torch parts

Alastair Ok thank you. It was the beginners one and it came with a hose failure so, if that is safe, I will just use that. I hope it'll be safe.

Do you think that the gas cansiter 8kg I have already, the same as in the video, is safe to leave in a shed, turned off and with the safety plug in it...?

Then I'm good to go.

Thanks everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EvaZ View Post
    Alastair Ok thank you. It was the beginners one and it came with a hose failure so, if that is safe, I will just use that. I hope it'll be safe.

Do you think that the gas cansiter 8kg I have already, the same as in the video, is safe to leave in a shed, turned off and with the safety plug in it...?

Then I'm good to go.

Thanks everyone...
    I'm can't say that it will be safe but here is a link to some information that should put your mind a rest:

https://www.quora.com/Will-a-LPG-cyl...an-we-avoid-it

Once you have hooked your torch up to the bottle and have the hose under pressure check for leaks. You can do this with a mixture of detergent and water similar to the mixture children use when blowing bubbles. Put this on the joints and if there is a leak bubbles will show. You can buy proprietary brandsof leak detector if you want. You can search for these on Google.

Thanks that helps a lot... what's better to put on it, the regulator or the hose failure valve....

I am using the hose failure valve and it seems to be working really well. Thank you all for your help! I was a bit confused!

Eva

Quote Originally Posted by EvaZ View Post
    I am using the hose failure valve and it seems to be working really well. Thank you all for your help! I was a bit confused!

Eva
    I'm glad you are up and running. I don't think you would see much difference between the hose failure valve and the regulator.
    Last edited by alastairduncan; 29-03-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alastairduncan View Post
    I'm glad you are up and running. I don't think you would see much difference between the hose failure valve and the regulator.
    Thanks so much. I didn't think it would be possible!
    Fingers crossed!

Eva