Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Blue Period.

Default My Blue Period.

Everyone is allowed a blue period, even if they are not Picasso. Mine started when I was left with an experimental blue ring shank and, waste not want not, and turned it into a fake sparkler, using foil backed chatons.

This immediately prompted a request for more. So here is my blue and ivory art deco necklace, using my favourite barleycorn chain from Cookson, with jump rings inserted for adjustment, the usual charm to finish one end, and a hook fastener on the other.

To complete the set, I made some laminated ear studs in the same colour way. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B1 Blue Ring.jpg   B2 Blue Ear Studs & Necklace.jpg  

Nice one Dennis, the pendant reminds of some logo I have seen somewhere.

I love your blue period Dennis. Particularly like the earrings
    If you ever have any need for more chatons of any colour shape or size I have 10s of thousands of them.
    I offered some up to someone on a jewellery page a couple of years ago and then much later she sent me a message saying she wanted to buy them all ‘at a good price’ meaning cheap! I’d rather give them away for projects

Thank you Bob, Alastair and Caroline, for looking and kind comments. Thank you also, Caroline for the kind offer of chatons. I have stock at the moment, but will keep it in mind. Kind regards, Dennis.

Loving the colour combo (anything blue and white will always get my approval), particularly the stripes of the studs
    Last edited by Sheen; 20-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Thank you Sheena. The laminating is easy but smelly. The slicing and forming into even flat sheets is a real pain. Kind regards, Dennis.

Those are fab Dennis - especially the laminated pieces. I'm another big fan of blue and white so lots of boxes ticked for me!

Thank you George, I'm glad you like it. It's not fine jewellery, but there is something fresh about the way it looks. Also an A4 piece costs less than £3, so I have lots of it in hand. Kind regards, Dennis.

I love seeing your work Dennis. I really appreciate your help whenever I’ve asked any questions, so it’s wonderful to see the work of the wise!