Thread: Wild Cuba - Colin Stafford Johnson

Default Wild Cuba - Colin Stafford Johnson

Has anyone seen it and if you haven't, have a look. Fabulous cinemaphotography, music and, having watched Colin's previous programme Irelands Wild River in 2013, its just as good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000g6rq

Something to cheer people up...
    Last edited by Petal; 20-03-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    Jules

A fabulous series. He also has a series about Ireland which is great as well.

Came across it the other night. He has a really gentle way of reporting that’s nice just now.
    We watch quite a lot of BBC4 in an effort to miss all the news programmes and we have BBC Scotland now And they occasionally have something interesting or funny. Now we just need to filter out the Govt health warnings.
    Really annoyed I can’t listen to the radio without an hourly doom report. I like the chatter of radio as I’ve spent so much time in isolation as the norm for decades so it’s like having company

Its the kind of programme that has an honesty about it, you sense he really does camp in the tent you see and its relaxing, contemplative and everything that is good about tv.

Another of my favourites is James Fox, who's doing Age of the Image at the moment https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fzmc He did an absolutely fabulous programme a few years ago about New York and music in the 1950's. Again, stunning black and white photography and the music was fab.

We're big fans of BBC4 too Caroline, plus the radio, which is always good company when you are in the workshop making stuff, or when I'm peddling away on my exercise bike!
    Jules

Hoping for a good Scani Moir on B4 the Welsh one has been so blown depressing you’d never want to go there.,All poor people are. Ad and live in dark dreary houses. All middle class people are good and have. Ad things done to them and the sky is forever dark!
    Off to find some Billy Connolly for a laugh x