Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gentle question....

Default Gentle question....

How's everyone doing in the current worldwide situation?

Well we have shops open so far, (expecting non necessary shops to be regulated soon) but not much else here in NL. Since Sunday no bars, restaurants, schools, cinemas, theatres, but for me the killer is no gym, thankfully the weather allows for running. We all have to keep min 1.5m apart when in public. Keep well everyone, stay safe.
    Poor old Les

How are you doing Deb?

It goes without saying that people all around are dying from this horrible virus, but I think the most challenging part of this situation is how to keep your head in a good place. It is horribly depressing on a daily basis and there are days when not much gets done, but I do a combination of a lot of exercise, sorting out the allotment, music, making meals out of not much food to make sure it stretches further and trying to keep positive. I've taken the view I'll either get it or not and there's not much I can do to change it. Obviously I'm washing my hands all the time and have always done that whenever I've gone out anyway, as hygene is not what it used to be!

I've had quite a few emails from suppliers saying they are still here for us and supplies are still good. Nothing shut locally to us, yet, but it will devastate high streets and small businesses and we are trying to support them whenever we can.

Apart from that, I do try and regularly have a laugh at things. That's what Spike Milligan, Peter Cook or Dudley Moore would have done! Not politically correct, but it cut through the ****.
    Jules

We're okay, my youngest (11) finishes school tomorrow, my eldest is pretty much always home anyway and is very unimpressed that she's got to have her weekly maths lesson online but she'll get over it.

I'm still at work, I'm part of a small team who support a young woman with a learning difficulty and we have a park nearby we can go to - biggest thing for her is that she doesn't understand why she can't do her usual activities in the community but at some point the new routine will be more familiar. So I'm fortunate in that my job is pretty essential and I'm able to trust the kids together while I'm at work.

Like you Jules I'm trying to stay away from too much news, just enough to stay informed x

We are not supposed to discuss politics here so I'm keeping well out of this one.

I was trying to be supportive, but got the slant wrong. That's dyxlexia for you. Moderators, can you either remove my post, or remove any political references please - thanks.
    Last edited by Petal; 20-03-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    Jules

Oops, I think I totally forgot about the non political talk. Apologies everyone. Obviously happy for this thread to be deleted.

Unless this has now been edited I haven’t read a thing that could be termed political just the reality of the situation for us. X

Nah, just commiserating in the lounge with a mug of tea and some biccies. Keep safe all. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Nah, just commiserating in the lounge with a mug of tea and some biccies. Keep safe all. Dennis.
    You too Dennis. My OH would now appear to be off until the end of Aug as I wouldn’t imagine they’ll go back after Easter. We may well kill each other! Even though the OS is postponed and not cancelled for May holiday weekend I have at least 12 works in progress on the bench and no incentive to finish them.