Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beadalon knotting..aaarghh!

Bad shakey photo! Beadalon has some stretch so "neverending" roll on bracelets can be made, the knots cannot be seen in the piccies but they are obvious (to me at any rate) just wanted to make bracelets where the knot was discreet.

Ann likes the two bracelets either side of the Byzantine, gotta say it does work well.

For roll-on-roll-off bracelets you need beading elastic - I hate using it but sometimes its the only thing that works. And guess what - good old Cookies do it too.

I usually seal the knot with a pair of hot pliers because I don't trust it. Having said that, I've never heard of a problem in any of the bracelets I've made like that.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    For roll-on-roll-off bracelets you need beading elastic - I hate using it but sometimes its the only thing that works. And guess what - good old Cookies do it too.

I usually seal the knot with a pair of hot pliers because I don't trust it. Having said that, I've never heard of a problem in any of the bracelets I've made like that.

now theres an idea, a hot needle on the tips of the knot to melt it, I will experiment, nice one. Thanks

does the beading elastic produce discreet knots, I am fussy about them being seen?

that looks great but i would have used elastic but those beads do look heavy, can you not pull the ends of the knot with pliers? I always hide my knots inside a bead the metal ones you can make the whole bigger and push it in.
    Last edited by Emerald; 28-09-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
    now theres an idea, a hot needle on the tips of the knot to melt it, I will experiment, nice one. Thanks

does the beading elastic produce discreet knots, I am fussy about them being seen?
    Yeah the knots are discreet and if your holes are big enough you can hide them. I wouldn't let a piece out of here with indiscreet knots
    Di x

i havent tried using crimps or anything yet (yet more to learn )
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post

The packaging (different name of course) and description are the same as Beadalon, what is the difference between the two?

It's stretchy, and more flexible, so better for knotting and claspless bracelets.
    Lucinda

Beadalon is thin strips of wire threaded together and coated in nylon elasticity is elastic but very strong i would recommend using 3 lengths

Oh hell, I am a git!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

What I have is elasticity!, it is made by ...wait for it....Beadalon hence me calling it beadalon. jeez what a prat! All my credibilty if I had any down the drain in one go..

So.....................
    how do you stop your "Elasticty knots from sliping undone if you follow the example on the back of the spool,

pliers still, heating/melting? or is it just me being hamfisted.

You really would not believe how much of a dufus I feel at this moment. If I deregister from the site never to be seen again you will know why.