Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
Sometimes laser is the only mark possible if you make bespoke and having that option has been a godsend in many cases.
I’ve been registered since 1979 and I can honestly say I’ve never lost a mark either punch or laser to polishing and have only ever had a mark there was a bit of movement on and that was probably my makers mark and not having the right stake for the job or I did it on my own when it was maybe a 2 handed hold which is why I find laser marking so useful now
It’s great you’ve not had issue but seemingly a few people have including myself. I’d love to know what I’ve paid for ultimately? I’ve been promised a phone call back for nearly 2 weeks chased it up and not had a single response from them. Not even a polite acknowledgement. I’ll have to take this through trading standards. Because in all honesty I’m not sure how they see themselves as immune to rectifying shoddy work?

The other item was thr brooch pins they used my punch which was far to big for the wire displacing the pin and then leaving the faintest scratch of a mark on a piece that needs soldering up to 10 times (I supplied all the metal). My customer got back to me when I mentioned it and said he thought the pin had been scratched or damaged. Visually it’s a mark that raises questions more than denotes quality. I’d like to clarify: the person on the phone told me he wouldn’t have put the mark on the pin and would have done it on the backplate (large enough to withstand a hard punch), yet I am offered no rectification or solution.. £250 down the drain. I just want others to be aware of how they feel they can treat people. Which is ignore them until they go away.