Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments!

One thing I will say about what we've been through is that online communities, some on Facebook in particular, have been really helpful and supportive and there are a frightening amount of families experiencing mental health issues with their children and the changes in/difficulties with education and just general mental health services. I'd have been totally lost without them.

Caroline, I agree with your comment about wearing jewellery - never keep it for best, just wear it!

Bob, thank you for that, as you know your encouragement led me to being confident enough to offer my work for sale and I've sold much more than I anticipated.

Etching - I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but I use nail art plates and stamps to add designs using nail varnish as shown in this blog post and use ferric nitrate, and at some point with try it out with electro-etching supplies to speed the process up. I find nail varnish to be a fantastic resist, the only drawback is that they're not my designs. I'm particularly fond of a couple of plates with Art Nouveau and Art Deco designs and on the pictures sheet just mix up different sections of them. The ammonite sections and butterfly on the back of the pendant came from a plate of nature designs. One day I'll get around to using my laser printer and glossy paper to add my own designs but for now I'll stick to the nail art method.