Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using coloured wire in designs

There’s great skill in that Sheena and beautifully woven. There are all kinds of jewellers and the quality of work is what’s important. I’m sure it’s being well received

Aw thanks guys. It means a lot i've started working on a red one now I've discovered that cookson is selling the brand artistic wire. Going to see how that wears in comparison to the wire I have. Noticed that differant colours are more hard wearing than others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Yep lets see it! The good thing about a amateur/ hobbyist jeweller is we do not have to follow tradition that's where the innovation germinates as for your question I have no idea I have never used coloured wire, but common sense says that if it has a coating
    then 90% of the time the coating will eventually wear off accordingly if the metal is soft then it will be less durable. My opinion is that most companies will be selling the same stuff and it will be mainly the price that varies.
    I was wondering about that, the black beadsmith stuff I bought is perhaps more hard wearing than the scientific wires stuff. There's no info on the net about this topic so will have to do some trial and error
    Last edited by Sheen; 03-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.