Thread: Replicating the same ring in different sizes

Default Replicating the same ring in different sizes

Hi! I am a newbie jewellery maker and completely self taught so I am learning as I go along.
    I recently made myself a silver ring using granulation, and about 10 of my family and friends have asked me for one!!

As it was tricky to make, I am not confident I can replicate it exactly the same so I was thinking to get a mould made and then cast of my own ring. But then how would I go about making different sizes? Do you need to get multiple ring moulds made in different sizes? Any help much appreciated! x

Yes, if you want them cast you will need to make a master in each size, which is only really appropriate if you are starting a business.
    I must say, as someone in the same position, it's entertaining to make one-offs, but no fun at all to have multiple orders from friends and family.
    This is happening to me now, with my acrylics, which you will see in my album (link below}Dennis

Thanks for your reply Dennis.
    I know! It's a nice feeling getting the compliments and requests but then not great when faced with the actual task of doing it.
    What about if I cast my ring 10x and then resized it for each person? Resizing is the next task I want to learn.

I love your silver animals! Very skillfull.

I have just been through this ( last Christmas ) I made six sapphire rings 5 in Gold and one in Argentium, there really is no simple trick you just need to make however many different sizes you require.

Yes, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, steer a straight course and go to bed exhausted. Thank you for liking my animals. Dennis.

I usually adjust the ring size by removing or adding metal to the shank in my cast rings depending on the design I try to make the designs with that in mind. You can also make the master with a part thats easy to size if its a design that flows round the shank. If its a design that sells in big and small variations I will make 2 moulds a big one and a little one,