Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signing work=makers mark=sponsors mark?

It is expensive to have a registered mark but it is also rather nice to know that the mark is unique to you. No-one before or since can have those letters in that shape. Records are kept electronically now but many years ago I registered mine in person at Goldsmiths hall and it was entered in an impressive parchment leather book (or something equally impressive..long time ago!)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Caroline, I should have made myself clear, I was interested weather or not you had the option to register or still have the mark and not register, thanks for clearing it up
    re the parchment book a bit like when I purchased my house ( built in the seventies ) I received a large parchment title all written with calligraphy, then I changed it to my name and they took the original, and replaced it with a A4 item from a printer
    now they have done away all together with hard copies and it is all on computer. (Scary)

Yes, the old paper -or even older parchment - house demises were impressive . The ones for my grandmother's house in Salisbury went back 500 years. My house is unregistered so I have my bundle. But, provided the computer record is secure it is much better. Solicitors used to have regular nightmares about bundles getting lost as they whizzed around during the sale process. Reconstructing a bundle was an expensive nightmare. Storage by mortgage companies or lawyers took up space, time, money
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk