Thread: Pinterest or Instagram 🤔

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pinterest or Instagram 🤔

Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding advertising.. ok so I feel quite happy that I have a good product to sell..

I’ve opened an Etsy store, but I now want to do something to help guide people in the right direction by showing some good quality images, not only of the finished product, but also of the manufacturing process to give some insight into exactly what I do.

I’m completely new to Pinterest and Instagram, and so I’m not really sure which will be the better option in my case.

I’ve basically taken around 50 images illustrating the production process and final product of one of my items, and somehow want to use this as an advertisement for my Etsy store.. any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Russ

Really you should be using both - and both would suit the kind of content you're talking about. Do you have a stand-alone website too? If it would help, you can have a quick look at mine. I only have small accounts, but they're growing nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Really you should be using both - and both would suit the kind of content you're talking about. Do you have a stand-alone website too? If it would help, you can have a quick look at mine. I only have small accounts, but they're growing nicely?
    Hi Lucie, thank you for your response.. I don’t actually have a website as yet, as I’m very new to this, but it’s certainly something I’d be looking to do in the future.. I’ll take a look at yours for some inspiration.

So when you say that I should be using both Pinterest and Instagram.. how exactly should I do that?
    Maybe use Pinterest for uploading the final images (images of the finished product), along with a link to both Instagram, where there would be a nice collection of images detailing the production process, and also a link to my Etsy store..

Would this sound about right, or am I thinking wrong?

Thanks again

Russ

I don’t have a website and mainly use my fb page to link to an event I take part in. I have Pinterest which I haven’t even looked at for more than a year as people probably only add pictures to their scrapbooks. I quite like Instagram but it hasn’t brought any traffic back to me and is very slow to get interest. I just use them as a showcase but don’t get any business from them

I think Instagram has bigger audience, so it may be more useful. But you can use both, it's also a good idea.

Instagram will result in sales (lots of people have their insta account directing people to their etsy page), you really need to be posting regularly though and engaging with your followers. Make sure you follow other people too. Pinterest I think would work more like an advert for your wares, though I have no experience of using it to sell myself.