Thread: re Exhaust systems

Default re Exhaust systems

good day,

was not sure where to put this message but wanted to get your opinions abt Exhaust systems at home. I have started to think that I can harm my health without one. I work in my shed. only 2-3 times a week for abt 3-4 hrs but still it has only simple ventilation there ( see thru window on top). I use mask when sawing /filing ETC but soldering pickling and melting that's my concern... so I started to think do I need proper system or not yet ? what you guys do ? TX for sharing...

Having a window open in the summer should be quite adequate for a shed Anna, but to keep the cold out, you might consider an air conditioning unit, which vents to the outside. Dennis.

For soldering, I just use a small home made filter system, these days with lead free solders etc. they don't have to be very sophisticated, when using the bench polisher I have a high volume 3hp extractor unit that I built and it has HEPA filter, the one I have cost all up about $1,000 AUD, polishing motors are a bit of a problem because they eject material at a high speed and volume and normal systems, e.g.for wood dust extraction can't keep up

TX all for input... took me a while to get hands on my PC... maybe indeed I am stressing too much over my soldering excitements , just was reading the other day how bad flux and fumes can me and started to freak a bit....