Thread: I moved to Squarespace

Default I moved to Squarespace

I wrote my site in Dreamweaver many years ago and finally took the plunge to move to a Squarespace site. It was relatively easy but I do get frustrated by the structure sometimes (especially the diary/events section).

I know I expected maybe too much from Squarespace as my site is little complicated as I sell jewellery, handmade findings and run jewellery making holidays.

I'd love some feedback on my site, looks, easy of use and any suggestions :-)

I managed to lose my Forum login so I'm back to a newbie and can't post links so my website is lavidalerie.com - hope you can find it.

Yes, easy enough to find. My only comment is that as most of your pieces are made from wire, they are a little bit lost and difficult to see on a white background.

Much easier and more attractive when displayed on colours or grey. Regards, Dennis.

Hi Dennis

Thanks very much for taking the time to look at my site and thanks for the great advice. I've tended towards white backgrounds because magazines prefer them but I'll re-think my backgrounds now.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I wrote my site in Dreamweaver many years ago and finally took the plunge to move to a Squarespace site. It was relatively easy but I do get frustrated by the structure sometimes (especially the diary/events section).

I know I expected maybe too much from Squarespace as my site is little complicated as I sell jewellery, handmade findings and run jewellery making holidays.

I'd love some feedback on my site, looks, easy of use and any suggestions :-)

I managed to lose my Forum login so I'm back to a newbie and can't post links so my website is lavidalerie.com - hope you can find it.
    you could message Peter Bond, he is the site admin - that might get your previous log in sorted. Great to see you are still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    you could message Peter Bond, he is the site admin
    Moderator only - I don't have the keys
    I'd only have to bounce it up the line to Rob or Dave (dgrose).

Thanks Peter - I think I'll just start again :-)

Hi Wallace
    In my 11th (or 12th) year of running silversmithing holidays, still in France :-)

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Moderator only - I don't have the keys
    I'd only have to bounce it up the line to Rob or Dave (dgrose).
    Yeah, I meant mod... deviant art still in my head when I wrote it, I admin there, so brain forgot to switch.