Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Plating?

BH1,

This is the set my mate has you may want to have a look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUTbMAi1o0

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! And I will take a look at that set. I ordered a new bottle of gold plating solution because it seems like I have received a contaminated gold solution hence the reason I'm getting bad results. I am just about to try it out with the new solution so will report back. Fingers crossed!

It's a a slick demonstration video but if you halt it near the end, you will see white patches on the knot of the ring. Obviously not as foolproof as claimed.

I hope you will be able to show us a more successful result BH1, but as always we are grateful for any new input. Dennis.

Dennis you are correct, I am not endorsing the product, personally I would not buy anything form that particular company. I was just passing on the set up my mate has, he is not a jeweller all he does is small scale plating ( mainly for jewellers and watch makers) and he uses this unit pretty much every day with no issues

Nothing personal, Bob. It just reminded me of the annual Ideal Homes Exhibition at Earls Court London, which I used to enjoy as a teenager.
    The demonstrators of systems and gadgets, far outpaced the gawping public and if you did buy it, you might never make it work at home.
    A bonus was that there were copious samples of free food and drink and I was always hungry. Dennis.

I have to admit is does remind me of the vanish stain remover add, ( I don't know if you have that over there )

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's a a slick demonstration video but if you halt it near the end, you will see white patches on the knot of the ring. Obviously not as foolproof as claimed.

I hope you will be able to show us a more successful result BH1, but as always we are grateful for any new input. Dennis.
    From looking at the video the white patches on the knot of the ring are just the reflective shine it looks like- unless I'm not looking at the right part.

But thank you for the suggestions everyone - I bought a new bottle of gold solution and I'm getting perfect results so it was obviously out of date solution or contaminated somehow. Returning original gold solution for a refund so all is fine!

Good to hear it all worked out it is refreshing when you know you have done everything in the correct manner, then you find the fault was not your doing

Well done, thank you for your feed back. Dennis.

That's good to read, glad your new bottle sorted the problem out