Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The phoenix Ring

Default The phoenix Ring

Some time ago I requested the collective opinion on formula for producing rose rose gold, well all is in order and I am just waiting on one more item before I start. ( and maybe the temp to drop below 40 deg for couple of days)
    I thought I may post a WIP of the creation it will be in picture and text format. I have not seen this on this forum, maybe I just have not searched diligently and have missed it maybe it is not of interest, so let me know your thoughts if the response is in the negative I will not bore you all.
    Last edited by china; 28-12-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Dennis has done work in progress or at least a series of progressive pictures and they are always of interest. I do them on my FB page so that my followers understand how much work goes into a piece

I look forward to seeing the pics and text Bob, as I always find pictures of how others do things most interesting.
    Jules

It's always interesting to see how others fabricate so I too look forward to seeing and reading. I think I made a pendant a couple of years ago where I went through the stages of what I did to prong set a big quartz cluster in a large silver shape. Although in the end I ended up altering it!

Sounds interesting definitely!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Looks like the views are favourable, now that I have opened my big mouth I guess I will have to come up with goods

Be careful what you ask for before thinking it through is my New Year resolution!

Ok I have just been thinking about my original post and thought I had better give a bit of explanation, I have named it the Phoenix ring after the legend, being that something beautiful goes into the fire and emerges to live again more beautiful than it was before i.e. two rings, one from my Grandfather and one from partner's Grandmother will be melted down to create a masterpiece well I hope so.

Well that sounds magnificent, now you have to do a show and tell.

Yep all is going to plan so far (except the weather) I picked the sapphires today, so I no longer can come with a good reason not to begin, so Wednesday being New Year (Hogmanay) not much will get done
    so I will get stuck into it on Thursday, I also have make sure Cait ( partner )is not lurking about she does not know, going to be a surprise ( no she dose not read the forum)