Thread: Taking heavy duty medication

Default Taking heavy duty medication

I have been put on temporary heavy pain killers (Endone) I have to admit they are really good pain killers, problem is they also also turn you into a blithering idiot, no body warns you about this I was told
    they may make me feel drowsy and not to operate machinery. I have never been drunk in my life ( I don't drink ) apparently I now know what it feels like, going back to quack tomorrow need to try some thing else.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I have been put on temporary heavy pain killers (Endone) I have to admit they are really good pain killers, problem is they also also turn you into a blithering idiot, no body warns you about this I was told
    they may make me feel drowsy and not to operate machinery. I have never been drunk in my life ( I don't drink ) apparently I now know what it feels like, going back to quack tomorrow need to try some thing else.
    Horrible feeling.The worrying thing was that I understood every word but then I have an illness that has vocabulary like that a lot of the time so I never allow any meds that would take any of my faculties away.Hope they can find something else to suit Bob

...they also also turn you into a blithering idiot...
    Some of use don't need drugs for that!

As I mentioned on another thread, being put onto diazepam & cocodamol made me disjointed and unable to focus (mentally) on anything - I couldn't hold a coherent thought for more than a couple of seconds; worst part of that for me was recognising it through the fug and not being at all happy about it.

Now I know why I could understand your posts, I’m gifted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9845CF8-5B82-4C89-9D02-5EE78F00965A.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	12278

That's good, I will show that to my mum

That's good, I will show that to my mum
    A couple of years ago when I had severe back probs I became addicted to Tramadol....hallucinations, nightmares, that is when I could sleep. Otherwise insomnia. AND you are advised not to drink alcohol! Went cold turkey.....washed down with alcohol until they operated! Avoid tramadol if you can! Still take a couple of co-codamol 30/500 once or twice a day but no probs. It’s a bu**er growing older isn’t it!
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 23-12-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Hope they find you some meds that work without making you feel too spaced out.

Yes it is all sorted out, I take medication for high blood pressure turns they did not mix, so they changed the blood pressure pills to a lower strength, long story
    but I have lost weight and the blood pressure pills were too strong

Yes it is all sorted out, I take medication for high blood pressure turns they did not mix, so they changed the blood pressure pills to a lower strength, long story
    but I have lost weight and the blood pressure pills were too strong
    That the problem with medication. Take one tablet....it has side effects, so take another to treat that side effect but inevitably it also has side effects...And so on!
    Anyhow Happy Christmas to everyone and thanks for the help advice and camaraderie.

Yes I know to situation well it is like digging one hole to fill another