Thread: Taking heavy duty medication

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Taking heavy duty medication

I have been put on temporary heavy pain killers (Endone) I have to admit they are really good pain killers, problem is they also also turn you into a blithering idiot, no body warns you about this I was told
    they may make me feel drowsy and not to operate machinery. I have never been drunk in my life ( I don't drink ) apparently I now know what it feels like, going back to quack tomorrow need to try some thing else.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I have been put on temporary heavy pain killers (Endone) I have to admit they are really good pain killers, problem is they also also turn you into a blithering idiot, no body warns you about this I was told
    they may make me feel drowsy and not to operate machinery. I have never been drunk in my life ( I don't drink ) apparently I now know what it feels like, going back to quack tomorrow need to try some thing else.
    Horrible feeling.The worrying thing was that I understood every word but then I have an illness that has vocabulary like that a lot of the time so I never allow any meds that would take any of my faculties away.Hope they can find something else to suit Bob

...they also also turn you into a blithering idiot...
    Some of use don't need drugs for that!

As I mentioned on another thread, being put onto diazepam & cocodamol made me disjointed and unable to focus (mentally) on anything - I couldn't hold a coherent thought for more than a couple of seconds; worst part of that for me was recognising it through the fug and not being at all happy about it.

Now I know why I could understand your posts, I’m gifted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9845CF8-5B82-4C89-9D02-5EE78F00965A.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	12278

That's good, I will show that to my mum

That's good, I will show that to my mum
    A couple of years ago when I had severe back probs I became addicted to Tramadol....hallucinations, nightmares, that is when I could sleep. Otherwise insomnia. AND you are advised not to drink alcohol! Went cold turkey.....washed down with alcohol until they operated! Avoid tramadol if you can! Still take a couple of co-codamol 30/500 once or twice a day but no probs. It’s a bu**er growing older isn’t it!
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 23-12-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Hope they find you some meds that work without making you feel too spaced out.