Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallmark/Assay office or not?

As I understand it changing its use from a fork to a bangle isn’t allowed either.
    As to the other points Wendy I’ve already had my warning this week so I’ll hud ma wheesht as they say up here.
    Last edited by CJ57; 20-12-2019 at 05:47 PM.

i dont think you can sell it as silver has to be called white metal

All very interesting

It is a bit like the Americans and craze of making coin rings in Australia we are not permitted to do as it would deface the Monarch ( The Queen ) or any coin that is currently legal tender, just because it is out of circulation
    does mean is not legal tender. There are 40 tons of 1 & 2c coins unaccounted for and they are still legal tender as are out pre decimal coins, I have only seen one vendor at a market told to stop selling them, strange the is they did not confiscate the googs
    I apologize if this dose not making sence the magcic peels are taking over time for bead
    Last edited by china; 21-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    It is a bit like the Americans and craze of making coin rings in Australia we are not permitted to do as it would deface the Monarch ( The Queen ) or any coin that is currently legal tender, just because it is out of circulation
    does mean is not legal tender. There are 40 tons of 1 & 2c coins unaccounted for and they are still legal tender as are out pre decimal coins, I have only seen one vendor at a market told to stop selling them, strange the is they did not confiscate the googs
    I apologize if this dose not making sence the magcic peels are taking over time for bead
    I love your magic pills, can I have some to get me through the ‘festive’ period please?

I once 're-purposed' some silver sugar tongs into a bangle and I had to pay the Assay Office for a certificate stating it was legal so I could sell them. Ended up making a loss on the sale. You live & learn!