Thread: Advice for natural multi colour good quality spinel

Default Advice for natural multi colour good quality spinel

Hi,
    Please give me some advice from where to start .I want to supply natural good quality spinel in UK and Europe for the future. I have direct source from Burma mogok direct miners so it’s a good quality and price.I have some sample for now. First of all do I need to set up UK register company or ? Secondly do I need to declare at the airport? Lastly how do I find reliable buyers ? ( I met some dishonest people in the past ). Please email me if you have any question. Looking forward to hear. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B4128FCC-4C57-43A6-8851-2F69741D69A7.jpg  

The rules for the UK and for the EU will soon be different. You do not say where you are based. Or how you will ship and supply - in bulk to a central holding location or from your location to individual customers.
    How to find reliable customers is something every single wholesaler and retailer ponders every day.
    You need to firm up your thoughts and business model
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Dear Pearlescence,
    Thank you for your reply.I am based in London. It’s a small business to start with and will look for other options after. At the begging I will travel and bring together with me. Around 1000 to 1500 carets at a time and see. Do I need to declare at UK airport? At the beginning I will delivery myself for customer who want to buy decent carets and will figure it out later for different options.It’s gemstones so better to deal face to face because I want to build trust on each other’s. I can only supply to select customers to start with. I don’t even have a website yet . Could you suggest someone good and decent charge for website? Sorry for long letter.

Yes, any commercial import which is hand carried must be declared by red channel at the point of entry. There is bewildering HMRC paperwork, your paperwork must be perfect and you will have to pay tax and duty right then and there in full or the stones will be impounded. You will need also to know the customs code for the material.
    Delivering personally seems rather over the top. Decent shipping is a viable option. You build a good working relationship by being honest and supplying good quality merchandise reliably and consistently, not by turning up on the doorstep.
    The days of throwing a website onto the net and the orders would pour in are long gone. You need to know much, much more before you even start
    Look at the stones on the gemporia website. Can you match them for price and quality? If not, then forget it
    Last edited by pearlescence; 17-12-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Yes, quality and price can be easily match or better for stones. I am not worry about quality and price to compare with anyone because it’s come direct from local miners and family run business . Gemporia is big company and I don’t think they sell package of loose gemstones. I want to sell loose gemstone to customer who want to sell back with wholesale or retail price. I can only accept limited order at the beginning, I want to find a way to make this happen.

Yes they do sell loose stones. That alone tells me you haven't done your research and aren't willing to listen.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Please don’t misunderstand me.Of course I am willing to listen that’s why I asked and thank you for your replied.. I know gemcollector sells loose gemstones I only didn’t know gemporia are same company. Quality some I have better and price can be Lots lower. I could supply them if they are willing to buy from individual.