Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Work Bench is Best....?

I second the use of a microblock the six rings I have just finished all with the microblock. I do have a bench mate but the clamp is faulty and I put it aside and have not got around to buying a new part, however a ring
    that is a work in progress maybe better on the benchmate, all I have to do is get them to answer my emails

Hi China, Peter,

I have a microblock, managed to get some fairly reasonable pave examples setting CZs into copper with hand gravers.
    However, looking at the vids on youtube, i'd really like to try the air gravers and a microscope!

Would i have trouble using a microblock, graver and microscope on a standard jewellery bench?

As always! Very much appreciate the replies!

Cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Caroline,

I did look through this, not every post mind! Quite a few to catch up on.
    Is there any in there with the dual setup i'm after?

Many thanks
    Nick

Given I've got a GRS dovetail on my bench, I use the GRS block shelf to drop the microblock to a suitable level to be able to use the scope. My chair has to be adjusted higher for that too - the working height for the scope is way higher than I use the bench pin.
    Ergonomics are vital (says me with bruising under my eyes from leaning on the scope for too long...).

Quote Originally Posted by deathruddles View Post
    Hi Caroline,

I did look through this, not every post mind! Quite a few to catch up on.
    Is there any in there with the dual setup i'm after?

Many thanks
    Nick
    Most of us are solitary workers so probably not Nick. This comes back to building what is right for your needs and space available

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Given I've got a GRS dovetail on my bench, I use the GRS block shelf to drop the microblock to a suitable level to be able to use the scope. My chair has to be adjusted higher for that too - the working height for the scope is way higher than I use the bench pin.
    Ergonomics are vital (says me with bruising under my eyes from leaning on the scope for too long...).
    Hi Peter,

Have you got a picture of your setup when you're using the microblock?
    This is exactly what i would like to do, but i can't quite picture the block shelf and it's integration with the bench...

Cheers
    Nick

I am pretty sure this is what peter has, https://www.grs.com/product/004-578-...d-block-shelf/ and if you really want to get fancy you ca add this https://www.grs.com/product/slide-lock-mini/

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I am pretty sure this is what peter has, https://www.grs.com/product/004-578-...d-block-shelf/ and if you really want to get fancy you ca add this https://www.grs.com/product/slide-lock-mini/
    I see, so it screws into where the bench peg would normally go.

It fits the GRS dovetail, so you lift off the benchpeg and hang that in place. Quick & easy to switch between the peg, Benchmate and shelf. And the soldering station too.