Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Which Work Bench is Best....?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    I second the use of a microblock the six rings I have just finished all with the microblock. I do have a bench mate but the clamp is faulty and I put it aside and have not got around to buying a new part, however a ring
    that is a work in progress maybe better on the benchmate, all I have to do is get them to answer my emails

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Hi China, Peter,

    I have a microblock, managed to get some fairly reasonable pave examples setting CZs into copper with hand gravers.
    However, looking at the vids on youtube, i'd really like to try the air gravers and a microscope!

    Would i have trouble using a microblock, graver and microscope on a standard jewellery bench?

    As always! Very much appreciate the replies!

    Cheers
    Nick

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Caroline,

    I did look through this, not every post mind! Quite a few to catch up on.
    Is there any in there with the dual setup i'm after?

    Many thanks
    Nick

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,812

    Default

    Given I've got a GRS dovetail on my bench, I use the GRS block shelf to drop the microblock to a suitable level to be able to use the scope. My chair has to be adjusted higher for that too - the working height for the scope is way higher than I use the bench pin.
    Ergonomics are vital (says me with bruising under my eyes from leaning on the scope for too long...).

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathruddles View Post
    Hi Caroline,

    I did look through this, not every post mind! Quite a few to catch up on.
    Is there any in there with the dual setup i'm after?

    Many thanks
    Nick
    Most of us are solitary workers so probably not Nick. This comes back to building what is right for your needs and space available

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Given I've got a GRS dovetail on my bench, I use the GRS block shelf to drop the microblock to a suitable level to be able to use the scope. My chair has to be adjusted higher for that too - the working height for the scope is way higher than I use the bench pin.
    Ergonomics are vital (says me with bruising under my eyes from leaning on the scope for too long...).
    Hi Peter,

    Have you got a picture of your setup when you're using the microblock?
    This is exactly what i would like to do, but i can't quite picture the block shelf and it's integration with the bench...

    Cheers
    Nick

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    I am pretty sure this is what peter has, https://www.grs.com/product/004-578-...d-block-shelf/ and if you really want to get fancy you ca add this https://www.grs.com/product/slide-lock-mini/

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I am pretty sure this is what peter has, https://www.grs.com/product/004-578-...d-block-shelf/ and if you really want to get fancy you ca add this https://www.grs.com/product/slide-lock-mini/
    I see, so it screws into where the bench peg would normally go.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,812

    Default

    It fits the GRS dovetail, so you lift off the benchpeg and hang that in place. Quick & easy to switch between the peg, Benchmate and shelf. And the soldering station too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •