Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which do you prefer?

Two streets from the Tunnocks teacake factory!

I love them both - so eyecatching!!! But I think I like the wraparounds - the button adds something special.

I'm for the anticlastic, the shape is very organic. But I like the button concept. If people find it difficult to put on why not make it an actual closure, containing a popper, hook and eye, magnet, even velcro? I would also suggest a narrower version for the wrap arounds to give more options. If cost of silver is issue what about a thicker piece of aluminium as a button (or two riveted together with silver wire or tube if you can't get thicker al) in a contrasting colour?? That would be funky
    hope that helps
    Em

Mmm, I'll have to think about that Em. You can't solder aluminium though, so it might be difficult.

Why would you need to solder??? Closures could be riveted in place, claw set, cab set, mechanism could be hidden by button, you could even use the button with a loop on the other side. You can't solder magnets either....it was just a starting point!
    Em
    was thinking you drill tiny holes and "stitch" on poppers/ hook and eye with silver wire, maybe hide behind button etc....there is always a way!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I know aluminium's not to everyone's taste but please have a look in my album at the new aluminiums and let me know whether you prefer anticlastic or wraparound bangles. I need to get on and make loads for Christmas but I don't know which will sell best. The anticlastic ones will be cheaper than the others as they're easier to do and there's no silver button so that may have a bearing on which sells best. Do you think the wraparounds are worth more because of the silver?

I'd really appreciate your comments.
    Hi Carole
    I like the anticlastic ones, simpler and to me, more complete!
    Regards Christine