Thread: Two Done And One to Go (part one).

Default Two Done And One to Go (part one).

Here is my second acrylic suite, with a slight change in the colourway. I am posting this account in two parts, to allow me to show six pictures.

The necklace is joined with miniature screw eyes (screwed and glued) and extended with loose barleycorn chain from Cookson, which is one of my favourites.

The earrings have some silver components, so that they could be paired with more conventional pieces. I shall also provide some basic studs, for casual occasions. The reverse shows the spikes, which were used to connect the ovals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ac1 Acrylic Necklace.jpg   Ac2 Earrings.jpg   Ac3 Earrings Reverse.jpg  

Default Two Done And One to Go (part two).

The elastic bracelet is threaded with clear Stretch Magic. The channels were drilled while the pieces were still rectangular, to help keep them parallel and the brass jigs were used to mark the distance between holes and re-cut the rectangles to the final tapered shape.

The faceted ring was drilled, cut and sanded from a laminated block.

For lamination I used Bostik Tensol 70, a dedicated two-part adhesive which dries clear and invisible.

Still to to be made is a further suite, requested in pastel colours for the summer. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ac4 Elastic Bracelet2 In Progress.jpg   Ac5 Elastc Bracelet 2.jpg   Ac6 Faceted Ring.jpg  

Really love this colour way Dennis. The bonding looks really good too . Can you remind me what you used to laminate them?

Thank you Caroline.
    Tensol 70 as mentioned above is a two part cold-cure acrylic. if you shop around, it is not that expensive, but you are saddled with 500 ml, far more than you might need. It is dispensed into a disposable cup and the hardener added at five parts to a hundred.
    The small drug dealers scales are to get the proportions accurate.
    It is quite runny when mixed and there is a lot of sanding to do to get a clean usable billet.

Pictured is my mini belt sander. I use it on a side table connected to our domestic vacuum cleaner, which no doubt will pack up one day in protest. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Using Tensol.jpg   Jb1 Mini Belt And Disk Sander.jpg  
    Last edited by Dennis; 25-11-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thank you Caroline.
    Tensol 70 as mentioned above is a two part cold-cure acrylic. if you shop around, it is not that expensive, but you are saddled with 500 ml, far more than you might need. It is dispensed into a disposable cup and the hardener added at five parts to a hundred.
    The small drug dealers scales are to get the proportions accurate.
    It is quite runny when mixed and there is a lot of sanding to do to get a clean usable billet.

Pictured is my mini belt sander. I use it on a side table connected to our domestic vacuum cleaner, which no doubt will pack up one day in protest. Dennis.
    Sorry Dennis I missed that info in the second post I was too busy looking at the pics.i remember all the sanding too well and the smell of plastics which is why I gave up doing it. I think I used a wood rasp to get the bulk off mine at the time.
    Last edited by CJ57; 26-11-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Lovely work as always Dennis, really beautifully done.

Thank you Deb. Dennis.