Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant wait any longer

And so you should be proud of him!! People with dyslexia are very creative and determined in my experience (given the right support and encouragement). Well done to both of you!!

My youngest (also dyslexic) wants to make films. He had one of his short films shown at BAFTA at the end of last month. My 'baby' (with all the added bits with dyslexia - no time management, no sense of direction etc.) made his way to London and back all by himself to see it and 'network' with some top bods!! (I was at home having kittens!!! I guess he is all growed up now!!) He has just started a degree in Film Studies and Film Making this week so I'm sure I will have loads of other occasions to be proud of him! As I am sure you will with your son!!

WOW Thats fantastic B!!! I really take my hat off to him.

But at the moment i am waiting for the painkillers to kick in - i have cleared 2/3's of his room boxed it and bagged the clothes and filled a rubbish bag lol. Washing dragged out from under the bed, and just one built in wardrobe to empty (the worst one) and the games corner. Then i can break down the bed and clean the cupboards drawrers and shelves and window sill, and then hoover.

Then it will be all mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, well once i have loaded the car up and driven it over there, but i should at least be moving the other craft stuff in next weekend, and then i will be gagging for a bench lol. So i think i will prewarn him that i want him to be there to receive it next week lol or he will decide he is going somewhere.

The OH wont be pleased cos he told me my son should do it and it will just let him go into one about how lazy he is, but he will have to whine, i want to be in there, and reclaim the guest room lol

I will see if these tablets ease it enough to go back and attack the cupboard cos i know i wont fancy doing it in the evenings next week lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

When we cleared Tom's room out we found all manner of unsavoury items - including a very tiny red bra. We bided our time then when he came home with a girl a few weeks ago, we asked her if it was hers (we knew it wasn't and we knew that the 'relationship' wasn't a serious one). Oh the look on my boy's face. Serves him bloody right.
    Di x

lmao thats priceless!!! I have been amazed that i have found nothing that i needed to cringe about - perhaps they were the bits he dealt with himself last week lol
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    lmao thats priceless!!! I have been amazed that i have found nothing that i needed to cringe about - perhaps they were the bits he dealt with himself last week lol
    My boy's not that intelligent!
    Di x

OMG Di, The tiny red bra thing had me laughing out loud! Kids eh!
    Jules

Wow Su', you have a v talented son!
    When you mentioned on a previous thread that your son had to tidy his room I was thinking 8/9 yr old ha ha! (then u'd b really worried if you found a red bra)
    J x

Well thats it, its done, everything is boxed and bagged, found it vvery hard not to sit and reminesce about stuff as i popped it in, cos i knew i would break down and i wouldn't get it done if i did.
    So next weekend i will deliver it all - gonna have to make two trips in the car cos of all the amps and guitars etc, (thankfully he has already taken the drum kit, but the bit i am not looking forward to is when i get back home from the second trip and his room will not be his anymore, it already feels like i have lost another son, - even after 10 years, i cannot empty Riks drawers of his clothes, it may be a guest room now, but we still call it Rikkis room, and that little entranceway is exactly the same as it was before we lost him.

I know that Kurt is just moving onto the next phase of his life, not like our beloved Rik, and i still have Kit, but i miss him so bad and it feels like i am removing him by packing all his stuff up.

Kids, you cant wait til they move out and then you fall to pieces when it happens.
    Last edited by bustagasket; 26-09-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Aw Su

Think about the good side of it all, Kurt's still your son evern though he doesn't live with you now. Nothing's really changed since yesterday and now you have a lovely new studio, woo!
    Lucinda

Yeah I keep telling myself its not the same and i do still see him regularly, and i do desperately want to relieve Rikkis room of all the candles and card making equipment and dinally have somewhere for a bench, to be able to set out my jewellery stuff. I guess it will just take some getting used to.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive