Thread: Bracelet clasp recommendations?

Default Bracelet clasp recommendations?

Good evening. I made this bracelet for my wife mounting the bases of rifle rounds which I had cut from the cases using a lathe onto discs of silver, then joining them using jump rings. I bought a ready made clasp from Cooksongold NVF 055C. We found this not reliable enough and in fact the “spring”part just bent flat and wouldn’t house properly. I tried adjusting it but it kept on failing so by careful addition of more jump rings made it just the right size to slip onto her wrist. I am still looking for a ready made clasp...or in your experience are there other suitable clasps?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0639.jpg  

Default Posted question in wrong place!

I am afraid I have posted my question in the wrong place! .....
    To reiterate: bracelet clasp failing Cooksongold NVF055C. So adjusted bracelet to be a “sneeze” fit onto the wrist. I would prefer , and my wife would also, to have a secure clasp. Any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	12208

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moved it, merged it, changed the title.
    Not that it helps with a solution admittedly...

It looks like a variant on a box clasp?
    Would a toggle clasp work for you? I see Cooksons have some oversize bolt rings too.

At its most basic, it's really simple to make a hook out of doubled up wire and a rectangular eye to match. The hook would partly hide behind the last unit (The opening next to the skin) so that it is mostly out of sight when done up.

The more complicated the fastener, the shorter its life is likely to be. I have never found a bought bracelet fastener better than self made.

There are a few examples of hook fasteners below. I just hope you can see them well enough. A safety chain is useful in that it stabilises the bracelet when doing it up. They tend to have a life of their own and end up on the floor. Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bc2 Bracelet details.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Moved it, merged it, changed the title.
    Not that it helps with a solution admittedly...

It looks like a variant on a box clasp?
    Would a toggle clasp work for you? I see Cooksons have some oversize bolt rings too.
    Thanks for redirecting my post!

Lovely bracelets Dennis....

There are many clasps out there. A box-style clasp is easier to close with one hand. But whatever the style, it must be robust because there is a lot of movement happening which will try to dislodge the bracelet or break the clasp. A bracelet which will slip on will also slip off. I've seen bracelets with magnetic clasps...and I've seen them especially go flying across a room when someone wearing one made an especially dramatic gesture!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I like the idea of a box clasp, but have only seen the one on Cooksongold that I have had problems with. Can you direct me to other suppliers please?

Ebay has squillions of options. So does Amazon. I stock a few though I do need to update that part of my website
    Try goggling sterling silver box clasps and other such permutations. You'll be browsing for days
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk