Thread: Rolling mill Wanted

Post Rolling mill Wanted

Hi Everyone im new on here so please be patient.
    Im looking to buy a Roller mill but not sure to try and find a new one or buy second hand?
    Please any advice would be really great.
    Thanks
    ollie

Hard to advise you.
    Second hand rolling mills can be on sale for health or retirement reasons and be a good bargain, or a real turkey if the rollers are pitted or rusty, or seriously mis-alighned. They can also have missing cogs. Best to take a knowledgeable friend to inspect it and some metal to roll before buying.
    New mills are more reliable if bought from a respected source, but can be pricey, with the additional burden of VAT. Dennis.

hi thank you for the advice. I dont want to pay lots so will keep looking around.

Over here used rolling mills don't come up very often when they do you have to be quick

There are a lot of people who buy budget rolling mills and they seem to have lasted well. It depends very much on what you want it for in relation to spend. Is it going to be a workhorse or just for occasional use?

its only going to be used now and then really as im not always making bits as im a setter by trade.

I think people have bought the Cookson budget mill but I can t comment on it. Maybe someone else has experience