Thread: course recommendation

Default course recommendation

not technical question. I am looking GOOD stonesetting course to start from New year. I can only consider weekends unfo or evenings during week. does anyone have good directions to go and check out. Looking not for beginners (bezel) but more advanced fancy cut stones setting , pave, etc....

The problem there - for me anyway - is that the good ones I know are all targeted at trade, so they're during working hours. There's occasionally courses at West Dean (none recently as far as I know); I'd assume that a couple of the London jewellery schools do short courses?

Another option might be to look at the 2 self-study courses from New Approach School; they may seem expensive, but they pay for themselves quickly.

Tx Peter, indeed my problem I have to work full time to support my hobby and studies LOL! on the GOJD forum was recommended Morley so maybe will stuck with 2 classes there at the end as already doing one ongoing there but still was hoping to find something more targeted for stonesetting...

Hi Anna,
    There are stone setting courses in abundance here: https://www.google.com/search?client...+stone+setting.
    Also, Morley usually has one in their summer school, if you can wait that long.

Just a word of caution: Classes for professionals can be heavily weighted, or exclusively for diamond and pavé setting, so make sure you find out exactly what you will be taught. Dennis.

The other self-study option that I forgot to mention is the Alan Revere book, Professional Stonesetting.

Thank you all! I think have decided will go ahead with Morley classes and hope that one day I will have enough day time opportunities to do proper classes ....