Thread: Leaking barrel polisher

Default Leaking barrel polisher

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help as this is driving me bonkers!
    I've come back to jewellery making after about 8 years away, and on starting up found my barrel polisher barrel was leaking at the lid and therefore slipping on the rollers. I replaced the barrel, and all was fine for a short while, but now the new barrel is leaking too. What am I doing wrong? My old barrel worked fine for years.....
    All suggestions gratefully received, before I throw the bloomin thing out of the window

Is it a lortone if so you need to make sure the groove inside the barrel is free of any debris of any kind and that it is seated properly all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by KeriG View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help as this is driving me bonkers!
    I've come back to jewellery making after about 8 years away, and on starting up found my barrel polisher barrel was leaking at the lid and therefore slipping on the rollers. I replaced the barrel, and all was fine for a short while, but now the new barrel is leaking too. What am I doing wrong? My old barrel worked fine for years.....
    All suggestions gratefully received, before I throw the bloomin thing out of the window
    When I use mine I pour boiling water over the two lids. The first one goes on and the air can be expelled by pressing down on the second as it slips over.What I have just started to do is hold the barrel under the cold tap.I used to have a slight leakage but this seems to sort that out as it contracts the plastic and forms a tight fit.
    Try it.
    Last edited by NickD; 17-11-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: additional info

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think it's an Evans type. Rubber barrel style. I've tried making sure the lid and top lip of the barrel are both dry and pushed the lid firmly all the way round, but to no avail ��

Thanks Nick, mine is an Evans type. It only has one lid.

Get a Lortone and say goodbye to nuisance problems. It has a double lid, which seals reliably.
    Creative glass have them in the UK. They also have the finest shot to minimise pinpricks due to the needles.
    https://www.creativeglassshop.co.uk/...phrase=lortone

Dennis.

Hmmm thanks for the advice, looks like I may have to start saving up! ��