Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic tumbler polishing machine

Default Magnetic tumbler polishing machine

Anyone tried this tumbler, supposed to take 30 mins and is quieter. Any use?

https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...ler&channel=uk

Not many members have a magnetic tumbler Sheena, but those who have written about them were pleased not to see the pitting due to the needles which you get in a rotary tumbler.

I have never tried one but apparently a downside is the magnetising of the needles if the container is left in place after use. This causes the needles to clump and not function properly.

An entry level machine is the Bumblebee, which is much cheaper but has a reduced capacity. Dennis.

Will check it out liked the idea it supposedly wouldn't take so long. The idea of something running for 2 hours would drive me crackers!

If two hours would annoy you don't take up tumbling stones machine will be running minimum for several days.
    The magnetic tumblers I have come across produce a very similar sound to a ultrasonic cleaner on a high setting
    Last edited by china; 18-11-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    If two hours would annoy you don't take up tumbling stones machine will be running minimum for several days.
    The magnetic tumblers I have come across produce a very similar sound to a ultrasonic cleaner on a high setting
    It's definitly not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    It's definitly not for me
    I don’t have anything like that Sheena but unless you can shut it away I don’t think it’s for you given a constant noise of some sort
    Last edited by CJ57; 18-11-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Last time when I have used Magnetic tumbler in a class on my silver ring, I had all my pre-polishing been spoiled and had to restart again all process ..... so I prefer my old barrel polisher... .

Thanks caroline and anna. Why do you not have a tumbler caroline? Always been a little curious; everyone and his dog seems to have one, excepting me and you

I’ve always had a bench polisher and it’s met all my needs. Not sure there were tumblers when I graduated in 1979 and not part of our training. Finishing by hand or polisher was key at ECA, if we are recognised for anything it’ll be finish! Tumblers were just for stones as far as I knew and even then not with the lapidary tutor.
    If I was making multiples that involved a lot of finishing time then no doubt I’d get one but I don’t so I’ll continue with what I do. Couldn’t stand the endless noise in the house either and that’s where you and I are probably the same

Yes, endless noise is excruciating when it gets past 5 - 10 minutes. And i was struggling with my pickle pot time