Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

Wow, I'm really pleased for you Carole and your 'extension' looks like it has always been there. Also good to hear you are expanding your business and getting in more staff.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Thanks everyone.

No, there are 11 spaces now! I don't plan to use all of them for teaching - I'd be run ragged! There were originally 4 spaces which won't now be used for teaching but for my staff (who'd have thunk it!). I may need more of them by Christmas! I only plan to teach 4 - 6 people (4 is probably enough).
    I'll have time on my hands by christmas if you need a minimum wage apprentice/trainee

I may well take you up on that Liz. I've got someone for now who's covering for Danielle's maternity leave. I'm hoping D will come back but you can never be certain where babies are concerned and she hasn't had it yet.

Looks lovely Carole. and staff too? Well done you!

Sonia
    xx

Major workshop envy Carole! It looks amazing and I'm so happy that you're doing so well

hubba hubba! Fantastic Carole!

Having finally waded through this thread and been completely awestruck at some of your amazing setups, I guess it's only polite to share mine. It's in a little 'dressing area' that was outside the bathroom, and rather perfect with south facing window for light. It's such a shame that this house is temporary as it's a lovley little space away from the main living area. I will be sad to leave it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_201411060239.jpg   IMG_2014110618760.jpg  
    All the gear and no idea

Too clean,too neat. Spread a handful of lemel, spill some pickle and Auflux, drop a hammer on the callipers and it will begin to look like the real thing. Oh and I don't see a torch for searching the floor.

Regards, Dennis.

Dennis I have the worlds most magnetic floor (even with non ferrous!). That anglepoise spends more time pointing at carpet than anywhere else - even with my makeshift towel/skirt. How does stuff of such a low mass manage to get so far across carpet?

As for being organised I have to. I get cognitive function problems where I can't spot things that are right in front of me sometimes (my ex used to say it was a 'manlook' ). This is also how I leave it... NOT how it necessarily looks when I'm busy. As for spills burns and gouges, they will come when it's not somebody elses worktop
    All the gear and no idea

That's how I'd like my space to look. The reality is somewhat different!